1/9/10

5 songs I would like to hear on The Circle tour & 5 I wish wouldn't be played

So, rumor is Bon Jovi's going to pull out some rarities on the Circle tour. What a diehard fan says is a rarity versus what Jon says is a rarity may differ.

Many other people on line have posted their "requests" so here are mine:

The 5 Songs I would like to hear on The Circle Tour

  1. Rich Man Living In a Poor Man's House - 100,000,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong
I have liked this song since the first time I heard it, it reminded me at the time of my supervisor at work, he had 8 kids of various ages, had an extended van he drove to work that was literally held together by duct tape & rust. His wife was a minister for a small church, and they did a lot of work in their spare time for the church. We all knew he did not have a lot of money, but he was one of the happiest people I ever met.

  1. Dirty Little Secret - Have a Nice Day (Import)
Rock + Sex x An alleged affair = A great ROCK song that could have replaced Who Says You can't Go Home (w/Jennifer Nettles) on the US Version of Have a Nice Day. Bon Jovi supposedly is a rock band and this is a pretty good rock song.

  1. Someday I'll Be Saturday Night - Crossroads
They played this for awhile and then last tour they did not its one of my personal all time favorites.

  1. Tokyo Road - 7800° Fahrenheit
If you go on YouTube you'll find plenty of live versions of this song, it kicks ass live.

  1. Edge of a Broken Heart - 100,000,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong
Those of us who have been fans for 20+ years and lived in the NY area remember Z-100 playing this at like 11 PM until '91 every once and a while you would hear it. It was also the B side on the Always single; I know because I squealed like a 12 year old when I saw it. It was on the soundtrack to the Fat Boys movie Disorderlies . They're driving in a car and then you hear the first riff.

I'm not going to include Prayer or Wanted or Bad Name, because those are gimme's.

The 5 Songs I would NOT like to hear on The Circle Tour

  1. Who says you can't go home - Have a Nice Day
All I can say is (with my hands firmly at my side) It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright.

You get the idea.

  1. Bed of Roses - Keep The Faith
I do not like this song, even live. Over the years it has not grown on me, it has done the opposite, and I find myself liking it less and less. I don't maybe its because I keep thinking how comfortable a Bed of Roses would be if the stems were there and they hadn't be unthorned. It wouldn't be…

  1. Bad Medicine/Shout
I'm ok with Bad Medicine but they've been adding shout, or treat her right, or tacking on some other song to it to remind us that even though Bon Jovi is playing in arenas to 15000+ people a night, they're still a bar band from New Jersey. Just play Bed Medicine. Or maybe not.

  1. (You Want To) Make A Memory - Lost Highway
For me its one of the weakest cuts off Lost Highway it was the first single, and why they didn't release Lost Highway first is beyond me. It just is slow and plods on and I want to take a nap during it.

  1. Who says you can't go home - Have a Nice Day
All I can say is (with my hands firmly at my side) It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. It's Not Alright. Did I make my point about this song?

So if you're a Bon Jovi fan what songs would you like to hear and what wouldn't you like to hear?

No comments:

Bon Jovi Widget