10/27/10

Bon Jovi: Looking Ahead (India)

A little news from India.  (Although it feels like a few different interviews smushed together, or Jon is just givin his typical scripted answers).

Somya Lakhani

Jon Bon Jovi on letting the past be and why being sexy is essential to a rockstar

How has your music evolved over decades? What are the new elements you have added to your music in the new four songs in Bon Jovi Greatest Hits?
It’s been 16 years since the last Greatest Hits album, so there are several other hits in nearly two decades that had to be included. It’s not like I’m using this for a reunion tour or anything. There are 27 different songs here. The four new songs The More Things Change, No Apologies, This Is Love, This Is Life and the first single, What Do You Got? were written specifically for inclusion in this compilation.

You were in your 20s when Slippery When Wet sold almost 28 million copies. How did you deal with such instant stardom?
I dealt with stardom by keeping in mind that once it comes, everything is bigger, and things move twice as fast. You’re recognised twice as often.

How did you handle your early years in the music industry—about intense rivalries with contemporaries, stardom, paparazzi, link-ups, rumors. Any regrets?
Today is a blessing. I’ve been doing the job that I like for 30 years. I have very few regrets, nothing to be sorry for.

You are often called the ‘sexiest rock star’. How do you deal with this tag?
Trying to seduce an audience is the basis of rock ‘n’ roll, and if I may say so, I’m pretty good at it. Being married and monogamous, it’s the closest thing I can do to having sex without getting in trouble. The only thing I like more than my wife is my money, and I’m not about to lose that to her and her lawyers, that’s for sure.

What are your plans now? Are you working on any music or film projects?
I would love to be able to do both acting and making music. If I look at someone like Frank Sinatra, who toured until he was 80 and made 60 movies, that would be a great life to have.

With such a huge fan base in India- do you plan on touring here anytime soon in the future?
I’m not sure. It’s unfortunate but true that we are so tied up in so many other places. We will make an announcement once we have planned a tour.

No comments:

Bon Jovi Widget