8/15/11

Bon Jovi: Breakfast time

My local grocery store carries this for all the New Jersey transplants in my area.  My Dad taught me how to cook it so when I get the craving for some Taylor Ham (on a roll with egg and cheese) I can do it.


The site only sells Taylor and Trenton pork roll (a milder variety produced by Taylor), although Klahre says there are two or three other manufacturers. Pork roll is shipped as far as Hawaii in one-and-a-half-, three- and six-pound portions.

More often than not, Klahre says the pork roll is shipped as a gift for someone -- students away at college or family out of state.
He says the Civil War-era product was originally packaged in corn husks.

"I just think it's a unique taste. And it goes great with an egg and cheese sandwich," he adds.

According to jerseyporkroll.com even Jon Bon Jovi is supplied with pork roll when he plays in New Jersey.

Mmmm Taylor Ham and Bon Jovi, if you get a midget and a bottle of lube they play I'd Die For You (right Erin?) LMAO (inside joke)

1 comment:

Genie P said...

Ok, DeBee, now you gotta tell us all how to cook it, since you know!

Bon Jovi Widget