9/4/10

Bon Jovi: Jon Bon Jovi is #4

This makes no sense to me. More after the article.


By Laura Neil
QUEEN frontman Freddie Mercury has been hailed as the greatest rock legend of all time.
The flamboyant star, who died in 1991, beat Elvis Presley to claim the title.
Mercury sold 300million records after forming Queen in 1970.
He was renowned for his charismatic stage presence during his 21 years with the band.
David Bowie, 63, was third in the survey, which was carried out by Internet market research website OnePoll.com.
Next up was Bon Jovi front man Jon Bon Jovi, 48, followed by Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, Jim Morrison, Slash, 45, and Bono, 50.
A OnePoll.com spokesman said: “Freddie Mercury had it all the voice, the image, the stage presence, everything.
“He was idolised around the world by millions of fans and his legend will live on forever.
“He combined his ear for music with an ability to deliver to stadium audiences and millions were devastated when HIV finally killed him in 1991.”

First I think Freddie would have preferred to be the Queen.

Second here's the top 9 list:
  1. Freddie Mercury
  2. Elvis Presley
  3. David Bowie
  4. Jon Bon Jovi
  5. Jimi Hendrix
  6. Kurt Cobain
  7. Jim Morrison
  8. Slash
  9. Bono
Ok, I'm glad JBJ/HRH beat out that sanctimonious prick Bono, and the 'Cowardly' Kurt Cobain (If Courtney was that bad Divorce was always a better option).  Queen was amazing, just watch their performance of Radio Ga Ga from Live Aid (check out Freddie's Moose Knuckle!!!):



But this is my question, how did Slash end up on this list? I'm not questioning his guitar prowess but even with Slash's Snakepit he was the guitarist not the singer (if I remember correctly). I could understand Axl being on here but then again when you're 90 minutes late to a show and pitch a fit when people get pissed off because of this, I'm glad Axl isn't on there.

So who's your favorite Front Man of all time?  Besides JBJ/HRH of course?  (to show his Front Man Prowess here's a video from that 12/31/1988 show in Tokyo, and it's not from the TV special it looks like it was recorded with real movie cameras).



I have strong votes for BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE and Steven Tyler. who else would you choose?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok I completely disagree with Freddie. Shallow as it sounds, I can't bear to watch someone that stunningly hideous strut around. *barf* .... my vote would definitely be for Bruce!! (Can't vote for HRH 'cause his ego might hear me ...) lol. Thx for sharing this :)

Unknown said...

Yeah I know but when you watch how all those hands are up there together and this wasn't a queen show it was live aid that's pretty impressive.

Roman’s Girl said...

wow... that's impressive... I'd have to add Richie Sambora, and The Boss to that list, along with a few others... but Slash isn't a front man.... so, if Slash gets to be up there... so does Richie! I must say that's a pretty impressive list... and I'd personally take Bono off that list! He's too over rated!

But If I seriously had to vote out of that real list... I'd say Freddie, and HRH!

Pretty damn impressive!

Bon Jovi Widget