5/15/11

Bon Jovi: Atlanta my Review!!

Well, I am on my little Bon Jovi roadtrip.  Last night was in Atlanta.

 I got a copy of the set list.  :)

I was sitting 6th row in the pit.  Most amazing seats ever, the closest I got ever. 

Here are my thoughts.  Really not all of them but some since I have a 7 hour drive to Orlando to do this all over again:
Tico & Dave & Hugh were solid.
Bobby has his greaser FAUXHAWK going on.  Still. 
Phil X is really good.  He's not Richie and he's not trying to be but he's really good very solid.
Jon was well.  Jon is not 100%.  Jon had a lot of vocal blowouts its really tough on his voice (IMO) to carry the shows for 2 hours +.  (he had some blow outs during Prayer, Bad Name, Runaway)
Not 1 of the 4 new songs off the greatest hits was played last night.
We did get Saturday night which I was happy about because I just feel if you see Bon Jovi on Saturday Night you should get Saturday night

Jon did his little I've been here longer than all these other people speech during either bad medicine or Sleep when I'm dead (I can't remember which one, my brain is fried like a chicken) and we knew we weren't getting The More Things Change.

So Jon comes out on the circle, and we're in that back row on Dave's side.  He comes out, I put my hand out, he touches it, when I pull my arm back I touch his arm with my hand and I get a hand full of Jon Bon Jovi sweat on my hand. 

YES!

After 25 years I have his DNA on my person, of course when I was like 13 or so I thought I would have his DNA elsewhere.  But you know he's married and I respect that.

So now he's on the circle and I'm like right behind him, and the only thing preventing me from reaching up and slapping him across the ass is the security guard right in front of me.  I'm sure that when video's start coming in my head will be in the corner of many of them, cause I'm that tall too.  Oh and Jon is not 5'10.  If he's 5'10 I'm 5'4" and wear drywall stilts.  During bed of roses he turned around and slapped our hands except Jon doesn't slap hands he slides his hand against yours.  I call it a hand fuck.  So Jon Bon Jovi "fucked" my hand last night.  When Bed of Roses shows up on You Tube I should see it.  also he's on the circle and I'm just under eye level with his ass.  This should be awkward right?  Nope.  I spent 3 songs looking at his ass (this is what Tico feels like every night).

They got to Wanted during the encore.  Jon sent it to Brother Richie.  We needed to sing his parts loud enough so he could hear it in California.

I started crying.  For me personally Wanted was a let down.  IT IS NOT THE SAME WITHOUT RICHIE.

I don't know if it was just me but the opening for When We Were Beautiful sounded off.

Here are a few pictures, these are mine do not use without my permission.






There's 1200 + of these. 

I'll be back later once we get to Orlando.

Have a great Sunday!

1 comment:

ANN said...

Love the review. I think he is holding it together the best he can. All we can do is hope Richie is back soon. BTW - the last pic, what is that of? He seems about to cry here.

Bon Jovi Widget