12/19/11

Bon Jovi: JON IS NOT DEAD

Kim Jung Il is, sorry North Korea.

Published: Monday, December 19, 2011, 6:05 PM Updated: Monday, December 19, 2011, 6:06 PM
By Amy Kuperinsky/The Star-Ledger 

Tim Farrell
Jon Bon Jovi performs at a charity show for the Parker Family Clinic at Starland Ballroom.

Singer-songwriter. Philanthropist. Father. Dead?

Jon Bon Jovi trended worldwide on Twitter today when people thought he was dead. But he is not dead.

A poorly constructed, fake press release got retweeted a whole bunch of times and eventually, talk progressed from his appearance in an Advil commercial to his supposed demise.

Reactions ranged from shock and appreciation for Bon Jovi's work to statements like "Jon Bon Jovi can only be killed by silver bullets" (that one from @Beez_).

No official statement has been issued yet to confirm the death is just a rumor, though a rep is reported to have cleared up the matter, but But Bon Jovi would probably say he's far from suffering. Free of pain, even.

"Pain doesn't have much of a place in my life," he says in the Advil commercial. "I check the schedule and it's not on it."

As for the commercial in which he calls himself a father, philanthropist and singer-songwriter, here it is.

In case you were interested this is the page that started the rumor! <--click the link, this page didn't start that rumor.  I wouldn't play with other peoples emotions, nor my own considering I cried for a week when Jon got married (but I was only 13, I've matured, somewhat...)

Rockstar Jon Bon Jovi (John Francis Bongiovi, Jr) was pronounced dead today after paramedics found him in a coma at his Empress Hotel, city and law enforcement of Asbury Park, NJ sources told The Times after World Christmas Tour concert on 
The Bamboozle Festival,North Beach Asbury Park.
New Jersey Fire Department-First Aid Captain Douglas Gray told The Times that paramedics responded to a 911 call from the home. When they arrived, Bon Jovi was not breathing.
Ok, people believed that?  The World Christmas Tour takes place on December 25th, features Santa, his elves and assorted reindeer.  Jon Bon Jovi is not featured, although if he came down my chimney I wouldn't call the cops.

New Jersey Fire Dept First Aid???  WTF?  I know NJ is small, but it's a big enough place to necessitate boroughs having their own ambulance companies.  Even in my hometown of ToxicWasteburbia, I mean Ringwood, NJ had our own Ambulance Corp, and THREE fire departments.  My families house was protected by the Erskine Lakes Fire Dept, their motto, honest to whatever is "We've Never Lost a Foundation" which is comforting until you realize most of the houses have concrete foundations....

But I digress.  Jon I am happy you're alive and I hope tonight you play Sleep When I'm Dead and laugh this off.  Cause you know you're famous when you have a celebrity death hoax.

God help us all if that's the case.

No comments:

Bon Jovi Widget