6/11/10

Bon Jovi: 21 Years Ago Today

Ok, so it's 1 year too late for a Sgt. Pepper reference but still, if you were alive like I was in 1989, doesn't it make you feel old?

21 years ago today Bon Jovi performed at Giants Stadium for the 'very first time' (that's a Madonna Reference).  The proverbial Giants Stadium Cherry was broken.  :)

Here's the backstage laminate that was used.

I remember watching out for this on MTV in the days following the concert:




I myself did not get to go to this concert, I asked if I could sleep in front of the Meadowlands Arena to get tickets the night before they went on sale in March of 89, but was told at 13 I would be raped and or murdered.  Parents have such faith in their children.  Kids don't know how lucky they have it today, I mean you sit in front of your computer for TicketBastard to determine that it's 10 o'clock and then you hit refresh until all the scalpers and bots have bought up the tickets, then you head to a reseller like Stub Hub for your seats that are double what the purchaser bought them for.

But I digress, the anniversary of this historic show is today, so have a drink in it's honor.

I would get to see them play there the first night on the OWN tour in 2001

Oh here's Part of Giants Stadium from Access All Area, the early part has no sound (stupid You Tube)



Today is also my High School Band Directors Birthday! So happy Birthday Robert Leive wherever you are playing your trumpet w/the Wooster Street Trolley Band

No comments:

Bon Jovi Widget