6/10/10

Bon Jovi: The Importance of Eye Contact?

I was reading Bon Jovi at the O2, SE10 and I saw the following comments by the writer.

The guitarist Richie Sambora fought for the limelight and took over vocals for Lay Your Hands on Me. Bon Jovi attempted to outdo him with a solo rendition of Leonard Cohen’s Hallelujah. Then the pair duetted on I’ll Be There for You, sharing a microphone, but notably avoiding eye contact. That’s showbiz for you.
 Is it me or is the writer trying to start something?  Something that isn't there.  I've watched countless You Tube's of this song, and I think the writer is insinuating something that's not there.

(And Maybe Jon is intimidated I mean Richie sang this song for the last 3 tours pretty much solo with the occasional HRH duet.  So would you look in his eyes, or maybe Richie is trying to crack Jon up during the song, which would be HIGHlarious.  or maybe the reporter is trying to make something up for the next 10 shows people will stare as they perform this song?)

I think there's no proof to this, see this picture:

Hug it out boys Hug it out....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

seems to me the reporter is not quite involved with the band...don't believe there could be a rivalry between jbj and richie. i remember one of the last shows in USA (don't remember exactly which one) they were singing I'll Be There For You - as usual.. and jon took it so high - but perfect at the same time - that richie immediately kept silent and smiled happy

Unknown said...

I think that was the last arena show in Charlotte. Jon did an amazing job and sang the hell out of it. I would agree the reporter isn't involved or a fan of the band.

Bon Jovi Widget