12/22/10

Bon Jovi: Bon Jovi "toying" with Glastonbury slot

One of the Biggest Festival's in the UK. Didn't Bruce play it like last year or the year before.

And then he played Hyde Park too...

Do I detect a pattern?

Wednesday, December 22 2010, 5:18am EST
By Robert Copsey, Music Reporter

Bon Jovi have revealed that they are "toying" with the idea of performing at Glastonbury next year.

The group, who were recently declared the highest grossing tour act of 2010, said they would consider performing at the three-day event if they were invited by organiser Michael Eavis.

"I've always toyed with the idea of playing there," Jovi told the Daily Star.

"If they don’t have another old-timer like me, I’d love to go out and see it and perhaps do a set, sure."

The 'Living On A Prayer' rockers, who are due to play London's Hard Rock Calling festival next year, also revealed that they were persuaded to play the event over a concert at Wembley Stadium because of the gig's location.

Jovi explained: "We could have sold out Wembley Stadium no problem but Hyde Park is right out the back door of the hotel I stay at in London.

"The traffic of getting to Wemb­ley from central London I’ve done enough times. I like to walk across the park - it’s that simple."

The band recently announced a further two 2011 tour dates.

No comments:

Bon Jovi Widget