4/24/11

Bon Jovi: «Ich werde nie so fett wie Elvis»

Thanks Heidi (@swissrichiegirl) for posting this!

I used Google to translate this from German, so if it doesn't make any sense... Blame Google.


(I will never be as fat as Elvis)


Madrid, 3 clock in the afternoon, a suite in the Hotel Villa Magna. Jon Bon Jovi (49) enters the room. Washed T-shirt, black vest, vintage jeans, the upper arms are muscular, his white teeth flashing. "Hi, nice to see you," he says with a soft voice and give me your hand. Then he must first open a window. He was in the suite too hot, he says. Subsequently, John Francis Bongiovi Jr. sprawls, like the rock star's real name, on a sofa. I sit vis-à-vis on a chair.

Mister Bon Jovi ...
Jon Bon Jovi: Please call me Jon. habs am I love when people come to me and just "Hi Jon" just say. Then I feel on equal footing.

Last month, you become 49th How young you really feel?
I have never felt better. Life has presented me rich: the best woman in the world, with wonderful children, sensational fans and a band that accompanied me for decades. What more could I want?

And then there are the many millions on the account ...
... with which one can not buy happiness. Of course I appreciate the many opportunities that money brings with it even now. More importantly, it makes sense to use. I sit down for example in the States for homeless children, helping families with autistic children and trying to move my fellow citizens to get involved socially. I come from very ordinary circumstances, my father was a hairdresser in New Jersey, my mother a florist. My "Normalo" roots have given me to earth.

Scandals are not known by you, but your hair was always an issue. Sharp tongues they called "the singing mane." Not very nice.
I used some very upset about this. Especially, if my music was mentioned only in passing. Now I can laugh about it - and read what I have so fortunately long gone. I hope not, that will change now and again ... (Laughs).

They have performed in the course of your career more than 35 million people. How can one be authentic?
As a songwriter you have many options. Each of us looks experienced and feels every day so many situations over which we can sing and write. You just have to be open to it. We are blessed with the luck to play our impressions on a high level. Many generations accompany us - and hopefully will remain a considerable time. I only know two things: One will never see me as a "fat Elvis" and we are not sure as octogenarian still be on stage, then we are out. As long as we love to write songs, and love the people why we continue.

How do you get the "fat Elvis"?
Well, sometimes I also have a few pounds more on the ribs. Since I only have to be photographed from an angle and then it is called in the press. "If he carries on like that, he will soon be as fat as Elvis' That have actually written! Apart from that, I will certainly never bold Sun I eat healthy, give many concerts where I move constantly. But to be honest: This comparison but I was offended.

Jon plays thoughtfully with the gold pendant, it rides with his hands through his hair.

I have read that you are bored with life and so would drink too much. Is that true?
I have read the article too and it does so not at all. That's the difficult part of written interviews. The case was such that a journalist asked me if I was sometimes bored. As I said, Sure, every man is sometimes bored. She said then she would go in the evening drink. And I said, a drink is cool. In the article I was the bored alcoholic. I smile now and also tell you that I'm tired today. Now you can write: "Jon is just tired" or "Jon has flirted with me." Does both. But hey Honey, do not go so deep, let's talk just relaxed with each other.

Are you fed up of bad headlines?
If they are dishonest. I've read concert reviews of songs that we had not played that evening. And of course annoy me absurd, fictional love stories. Me and my band is about the music we make. The rest of us is largely matter.

Do you remember how many awards have you received in the last 30 years?
Phew, no idea.

The door opens, drummer Tico Torres enters. "Sit down with us, but also tell what," says Jon. Tico, with dark sunglasses and a tan, takes place next to his friend greeted me with a brief "Hi."

Where do you put all your awards and trophies?
Tico: some place where you live on. My son gets the coolest, all of which appeal to him. The rest he leaves me (deep laugh).
Jon: For me it is similar. A few are in my closet, in the display case, in the studio and in the nursery.

On 14 July Bon Jovi come for a concert in Switzerland. As the fans are there?
Switzerland has changed significantly in the last 25 years. It has become more international. The early 80s our fans were predominantly male. Not any more. They are also information and pleasure-oriented. We are one big world now.

Have you ever been home in Switzerland?
Jon: Unfortunately not.
Tico: I do, I let my logos and symbols do there. I love Switzerland, a beautiful country!

How do the groupies on the last decades have changed?
Jon: The size will not change, they are just as they are.

What was the most brazen offer that you have ever received?
Jon: Ui, this much we could say, but may not.
Tico: Hey Jon, a generous episode but we can tell: We were after a concert once again on the road in our van. Suddenly we heard a loud giggle. It was incredible, but there have been two 15-year-old girl in the back really hidden. They wanted nothing from us, but something to be experienced simply by hiding in our van. I am sure they will tell their grandchildren still like this.

And then?
Jon: Then we have seen that they come home well. We're responsible ... (Jon and Tico laugh).

What would you do with your last $ 100?
Jon: When we were successful and earned good money, we bought each other birthday cars. Everyone wanted the other with even more expensive gifts on offer. Today wants Richie Sambora (lead guitarist, note) from me that I bake a cake to him. And I have often burnt their fingers already. So back to the question - I still think has to ...
Tico: Would it be the last day of our lives?

No one knows ...

Jon and Tico laugh like two thieves.

Tico: I would then invite family for a good meal and a fine cigar, my treat me.
Jon: And I have a good bottle of wine.

married Jon, are you happy with your wife for almost 22 years. What is your favorite recipe?
A relationship is hard work. I've had a Dorothy the best deal of my life. At home she is the boss. I am happier than ever.  

No comments:

Bon Jovi Widget