10/3/09

Things that Rock

Every once and awhile when the mood strikes me I'll blog about things I like under the Things that Rock title.

Today, Amazon.com rocks. I love Amazon, I pay the extra money for the Prime membership because I always order things last minute or I need it like right now. Amazon most of the time has better prices on things than many retailers. In addition, if you can wait two days for something and you are a prime member free shipping, or if you need it the next day its $3.99. This comes in handy during the Holidays. I am a bad last minute shopper and Amazon has saved me a few times.

Recently I bought a new memory card for my camera (a 16 GB SDHC series 6). Ok, it was this past Thursday. I also bought a pair of Crocs flip flops (I know call the fashion police, they would take me to a fashion super max for some of the things I wear). I wanted 2 day delivery. They said it would arrive on Saturday. It arrived on Friday. That was 1 day shipping free of charge! AWESOME!

In the past I have bought numerous things from Amazon, like books and electronics. One of my favorite Amazon purchases wasn't even for me, it was a gift for my Dad, the Cuisinart Griddler. I bought it instead of one of those expensive Panini presses that only do Panini's. We've had it now for 2 years and it's the one appliance that stays on the counter because I use it constantly. I love it better than the George Foreman (the one I had couldn't control the temperature and would dry out everything). The Griddler has a temperature setting and you can keep it closed or open it up. I've done pork chops, chicken, pressed Cuban sandwiches (YUM!), and even French toast (it cooks in half the time because you're cooking both sides at once.

What rocks for you?

No comments:

Bon Jovi Widget