11/22/10

Bon Jovi: AMA Performance Review

I think the the writer didn't have enough to drink.  A couple of Patron shots and he would have been enjoying himself I'm sure.

The AMA's have always been the low rent cousin of the Grammy's (as EW put it, 'No one's obituary began with"AMA winner"'.)  I mean the Beibs won artists of the year for F*cks sake.

I'll spare you the entire review (which you can find here) but here's what he thought of Bon Jovi:

Bon Jovi medley. 
So the AMAs don't have Kanye West, which an award show apparently needs to be remotely interesting, but they do have cartoon lightning bolts scribbled around Richie Sambora's guitar. Someone mastered their Etch A Sketch as a young'un. But hey, the songs -- "What Do You Got?," "You Give Love a Bad Name" and "It's My Life" -- are similarly outdated. The Bon Jovi believers no doubt dug the workmanlike medley. Why it was here, however, who knows? But the lightning bolts were delightfully odd, so a generous C.

He did give NKOTB/BSB an F.  YEAH!

He also gave Taylor "Can't sing live" Swift a B-, so clearly he would have enjoyed the Bon Jovi medley if it contained a few 'It's Alright's' *gag*.

I have to give Jon some credit he hasn't been forcing us to endure 30 seconds of Who Says when doing the Greatest Hits medley, although how many "It's alright!"'s arm raises and JBJ Jazz hands can you get in 30 seconds?  Not enough I'm sure to satisfy Jon.

But enough (or lack thereof) to satisfy me.

No comments:

Bon Jovi Widget