1/5/11

Bon Jovi: Norman Nardini reignites friendship with Bon Jovi

Greetings still from Illinois.  It's still cold.  I'm still wondering what I did to piss my Bosses Boss off that I get sent HERE at the beginning of January.

On to more "Jovial" topics.


WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 05, 2011 01:08 PM WRITTEN BY SCOTT MERVIS
We saw the one Jersey-Pittsburgh connection with Bruce Springsteen and Joe Grushecky in December.

We’ll see it again when Norman Nardini opens for Bon Jovi Feb. 11 at Consol Energy Center.
Their friendship began when they met at an Asbury Park club in March of 1980 when Jon Bon Jovi was 18 and playing in a band called the Rest. In 1987, the Pittsburgh rocker stopped back stage at the Arena and ended up on stage with Bon Jovi doing Creedence Clearwater Revival’s “Travelin’ Band.” Later that night, they hooked up again at the Decade, where Bon Jovi joined Norm Nardini and the Tigers for nearly a full set.

They’ve hooked up ever since, but it’s been over a decade since they shared a stage.

“It wasn’t anything I expected,” Nardini says. “Johnny just called on a Sunday morning and asked if I wanted to do the gig. I haven’t been pushing the business side lately. You know I’m not that good at business. I’ve just been working on my music. It was a happy surprise.”

Normally he plays as a trio, but he might add a piece or two for the arena gig.

Hey Johnny, just call me! LOL

No comments:

Bon Jovi Widget