11/2/10

Bon Jovi: Tour 2011

Last January I decided to bite the bullet and join Backstage with Jon Bon Jovi. I always wanted to join the Fan Club since the days of the Secret Society (I was 10-11 back in 1986, what the hell is a money order to a 10 year old?).  But I always found a reason to spend the money on something else.

Everyone talks about how you can buy tickets early, and pit seats. So last year I was late for the Circle Tour, but last night.

I now understand the excitement.

The frustration.

The complete disbelief.

More frustration.

Insert a few choice curse words.

Did I say frustrated?

How do Pit Tickets in every venue sell out in 10 seconds??? Who types the Captcha words that fast?? I mean I was getting IXXI tounequet what does that mean?

Oh did I mention the excitement when you're happy your going (Yes I still get chills every time I hear Prayer or my personal favorite Wanted live, screw the haters that are tired of those songs, go see Lady Gaga instead.)

But I'm happy, I will be road tripping it Southwest Airlines style.

First Stop, San Antonio Texas. We will pretend we're Ozzy by wearing a dress and peeing on the Alamo.


Sorry in advance Texas.

Oh wait Lady Gaga will be in San Antonio 2 days before us, so we may get invited back.

We leave Texas for the public indecency of Viva Lost Wages, I mean Las Vegas.  We're going to spend a few days in LV.  And besides Bon Jovi see a few shows (LOVE anyone? Thunder From Down Under?)

The MGM Grand show was more expensive than the Garden and appeared to sell out faster.  It's a personal rule not to head into the New York area in February, last time I did that I tailgated in the Meadowlands in 28 degree weather staying warm by drinking Godiva laced hot chocolate, standing in snow drifts.  I live in Florida, I don't want to be cold.  I don't have the clothes to stay warm anymore.  Going North during the late winter months means New Wardrobe, that I'll wear twice.

So awesome.  San Antonio (& the Alamo) and the MGM Grand.  If anyone is interested in meeting up pre or post show in either city please let me know.

Another awesome Bon Jovi vacation to look forward to in 2011!!!

No comments:

Bon Jovi Widget