1/21/11

Bon Jovi: Jon Bon Jovi gets some Karma points.

I don't know if he needs anymore with all the work with the Soul Foundation.  But Good for Jon, and Matt.  I think this story is great and very heart warming.

All I got for my birthday was Obie. Not that I'm complaining. :)


By KATY MOELLER - kmoeller@idahostatesman.com
Published: 01/21/11

Boise woman tries to get her brother a rockin' birthday gift: a meeting with Jon Bon Jovi

The family of Justin Mitton is over the moon.

Mitton's sister and mother had hoped to surprise the 39-year-old man with a backstage meeting with singer Jon Bon Jovi when the band comes to Salt Lake City in March. They started a Facebook campaign in December, and let the Idaho Statesman tell their story in an article that was published Wednesday.

Justin Mitton, who was born with Down syndrome, has been a lifelong fan of Bon Jovi, listening to the band's music every day. He's only dreamed of meeting his idol, and it appears that may come true.

Sara Mitton Cox, a 32-year-old Boise woman, said she received an e-mail on Facebook from Jon Bon Jovi's brother, Matt Bongiovi. She passed along her cellphone number, and he called her at about 9 a.m. Friday, she said.

Cox said Bongiovi told her that he heard about Justin through three different people, including a music promoter friend.

"He said, 'I talked to Jon about it this morning,'" she said. "He said he wants to make something happen."

She was asked to show up with Justin 90 minutes before the show. Cox said she hoped that her parents and brother would be able to see Justin meet Bon Jovi, but the number of people allowed to go backstage might be limited to just a few.

The Boise area business man who helped make this happen didn't want to be named. He said he was just glad to be able to help.

Justin's mother, Susan Mitton, was in tears Friday.

"I'm just hysterical. I can't believe it," she said. "My sister said, 'This is like winning the lottery. I said, 'This is much more exciting than winning the lottery. It's Jon Bon Jovi."

Susan Mitton said she wasn't sure how she'd keep the news from her son, who divides his time between her house in Buhl and his dad's house in Twin Falls. He works at the Smith's in Twin, but was off work this week.

Justin Mitton turns 40 in February, and his family has planned a community celebration. As part of a later birthday surprise, the family bought tickets to Bon Jovi in Salt Lake City March 22.

That's awesome. I hope no one tells Justin about this article though, it would ruin the surprise.

6 comments:

blushnscarlet said...

My 40th birthday is in February too. I'm just sayin'...

Unknown said...

Should we start the Campaign to Get Carol to meet Richie???? I know you want to meet him over Jon! LOL

steph said...

now I know what I do should I ever get cancer or anything, start a campaign for me to meet David :)

Unknown said...

Ugh Cancer. :(

On the plus side (if there is one) you could ask Dave for some curls for your wig he has plenty to spare. LOL

blushnscarlet said...

Um... YES!!! Helloooo?? I have a horrendous sob story too, I just don't advertise it!

Unknown said...

I have many sob stories as well. Although most of mine aren't true.

I still think Karma/fate has something to do with everything in this life, and if its meant to be, its meant to be.

Bon Jovi Widget